“The Inspiration for the film – The Secret
The inspiration for the movie came from a simple little book written in 1910. It’s called the “Science of Getting Rich” and its author was a man called Wallace D. Wattles.
This is a summary of Wallace’s book:
- There is a universal energy from which all things are made. This energy fills the entire universe.
- When you form a thought in your head, you tap into this energy, and you actually create that which you are thinking about.
- Mankind has the ability to create a thought and cause the subject of the thought to be created within this field of Universal Energy.
- To activate this ability, we must learn to harness our creative mind. Typically, we function with our competitive mind. But to create things with thought, we need to activate the creative mind.
- We can come into harmony with this Universal energy through the act of expressing gratitude. Gratitude unifies our mind with this all encompassing Universal energy.
- To manifest something new, simply hold an image of what you seek in your mind. And express gratitude to the Universe for having granted this to you. To achieve wealth, apply this same principle – hold a clear vision of the wealth you hope to attain. Then express gratitude that this wealth is coming to you. You must have unwavering faith and devout gratitude.
- All that you include in your mental image will come to you through the physical realm – through the process of natural ways such as trade and commerce.
- To claim this wealth, you must be active. You must do all that you can do each day to make this vision a reality. Especially strive to deliver to others something of value greater than what they paid you for.
- Those who practice these instructions will get rich. And the riches they receive will be in the exact proportion to the definiteness of their vision, the fixity of their purpose, the steadiness of their faith, and the depth of their gratitude.”